My site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sahlinstudio.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 13, 2011

JOURNAL IT: little (or small) blessings.

13
Photobucket

Welcome to another journal it series. "Journal It" is where you can find help with journal inspiration or where you can find a quote that you can use on about on almost ANY layout. I hope this will help to inspire you. You could use the prompts in many different ways... you might use the prompt on your layout and stop right there, you may not need to journal more... Whereas other times these prompts might inspire you to write about something even deeper. Feel free to check out this weeks prompt below. If you missed any, you can check out any previous prompts. And be sure to come back because I'll be posting a new journaling prompt every other Monday!

Photobucket

For today's journal it prompt, we will be focusing on the phrase -

"little (or small) blessings."


Immediately when the phrase, "little blessings" enters my mind, I think of my children or of babies! But as I began to dwell on the phrase a little more, I thought of all the little blessings that fill my life everyday. Blessings that often go unnoticed and unmentioned. Here are some ideas of little blessings that we might overlook on a daily basis:

- health in our family
- safety in our daily travels and activities
- daily provision (food, shelter, clothing)
- love from our children or spouse
- the smile that your sweet children give you in the morning
- hugs and kisses
- help around the house with daily chores

And the list really could go on and on. For your journal it prompt, you will focus on a little blessing that you have in your life. That little blessing might be your brand new baby or it might be something that you often overlook that you want to focus on. You could:
1) Use this prompt as your title. The phrase is pretty self-explanatory when scrapping a page about a newborn for instance. OR
2) Use this as a jump-start for your journaling process. You might have a photo of your children helping in the kitchen. You want to remember the little blessings they are when they become Mommy's big helpers. See where this little phrase can take you?

The last few weeks I've been thinking of all of my blessings I've been given... This just has been motivating me to step back and take time to reflect on these blessings, and be in the moment enjoy them... right now. This layout was just so therapeutic for me.


Here is an example from Becca1976.
She goes back to the original thought of the sweet little blessing of a newborn baby.
Photobucket

I hope this prompt has opened up new ideas for your creative process. And as always I love to hear your comments and love to see your pages! Feel free to leave a link in the comments section so I can see how this prompt inspired you!


NOW a special gift for you!!! YES for FREE... for ONE DAY ONLY!

ON Monday, June 13th you may enjoy this weeks Journal It with a FREEBIE word art pack to help get you started. So be sure to get it while you can!
(If you've missed it, it will be in my shop for Tadpole Tuesday both Tuesday and Wednesday (14-15th)... then back into the shop for the full price.)

small blessings word art by Sahlin Studio:



Photobucket

13 comments:

October said...

Thanks Krista. Small blessings have been on mind lately too, just in a very different way, in that of a new job, health insurance, a new home without mold, family, etc.

nie said...

Thank you for this little blessing :)

vivian said...

Help! I can't download this adorable word pack! What am I doing wrong???

Krista said...

It will take you to the TLP shop. Just put it in your cart, and it is $0.00. TODAY only!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous word art pack! Thank you so much for sharing. I love this journaling prompt too.

vivian said...

It shows that something is wrong with the Lily Pad site. Is anybody else having problems? I thought it might be my computer so I just tried my son's and it still had an error! I'll keep trying! Thanks for all the fun freebies!

Maria Dragone said...

Thank you!!! this is awesome!

marcie said...

These are awesome! Thanks so much. :-)

SandyPie said...

Lovely, thank you!!

joelsgirl said...

Thanks! Theyre really fantastic.

Dolores said...

Thank you...awesome word art! And a great journal prompt!

Amy said...

I put this in my cart at 10:30pm (MST) then had trouble remembering my password to log in and when I finally ironed it all out at 10:38 pm it's now charging me $1 but it's not Tuesday yet...Any ideas? I'll try again in a little bit and see if that helps!?!?

Amy said...

P.S. Thanks for the opportunity to grab it for free. I hope I can work it out in time!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...