For today's journal it prompt, we will be focusing on the phrase -
"little (or small) blessings."
Immediately when the phrase, "little blessings" enters my mind, I think of my children or of babies! But as I began to dwell on the phrase a little more, I thought of all the little blessings that fill my life everyday. Blessings that often go unnoticed and unmentioned. Here are some ideas of little blessings that we might overlook on a daily basis:
- health in our family
- safety in our daily travels and activities
- daily provision (food, shelter, clothing)
- love from our children or spouse
- the smile that your sweet children give you in the morning
- hugs and kisses
- help around the house with daily chores
And the list really could go on and on. For your journal it prompt, you will focus on a little blessing that you have in your life. That little blessing might be your brand new baby or it might be something that you often overlook that you want to focus on. You could:
1) Use this prompt as your title. The phrase is pretty self-explanatory when scrapping a page about a newborn for instance. OR
2) Use this as a jump-start for your journaling process. You might have a photo of your children helping in the kitchen. You want to remember the little blessings they are when they become Mommy's big helpers. See where this little phrase can take you?
The last few weeks I've been thinking of all of my blessings I've been given... This just has been motivating me to step back and take time to reflect on these blessings, and be in the moment enjoy them... right now. This layout was just so therapeutic for me.
Here is an example from Becca1976.
She goes back to the original thought of the sweet little blessing of a newborn baby.
I hope this prompt has opened up new ideas for your creative process. And as always I love to hear your comments and love to see your pages! Feel free to leave a link in the comments section so I can see how this prompt inspired you!
ON Monday, June 13th you may enjoy this weeks Journal It with a FREEBIE word art pack to help get you started. So be sure to get it while you can!
(If you've missed it, it will be in my shop for Tadpole Tuesday both Tuesday and Wednesday (14-15th)... then back into the shop for the full price.)