My site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sahlinstudio.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 16, 2011

JOURNAL IT: That's my Mom...

0
Photobucket

Welcome to another journal it series. "Journal It" is where you can find help with journal inspiration or where you can find a quote that you can use on about on almost ANY layout. I hope this will help to inspire you. You could use the prompts in many different ways... you might use the prompt on your layout and stop right there, you may not need to journal more... Whereas other times these prompts might inspire you to write about something even deeper. Feel free to check out this weeks prompt below. If you missed any, you can check out any previous prompts. And be sure to come back because I'll be posting a new journaling prompt every other Monday!

Photobucket

Today's prompt was inspired by this last Mother's Day. But the clever thing is, this can truly work for a layout anytime of year, and for almost any type of layout.

Today's Prompt is: That's My Mom... (or could use: dad, daughter, son, etc) Although this prompt seems like it is pretty specific... it's not. Stop and think about it just a little more. It could be used to inspire a story in SO many ways. I doesn't have to be a just a picture of your mom, or even a picture of you. How about use a photo of your child just doing something ordinary, and combining it with a story. It could be a way for you to tell a story about yourself, perhaps something that you do for or with your child? Maybe it was something that your mother use to do with you? You could ask you child... what are some thing that they think of when they hear, "That's My Mom...". Some examples that I think of is, if you volunteer at your child's school, perhaps it is something that you taught your child, do you sing or dance around the house? something for certain your child will remember, OR perhaps it can be descriptive words that pop into your child's head to describe you. Take the time to 'think' about it, just a little more.

How could you use this prompt? You could:
1) Add this sentiment on your page. Even just this will draw a relationship connecting OR
2) Add this sentiment on your page, AND, perhaps even a story about something as a mom you do for your child, or something your mom did for you, or things that your child say they have about you. Something that is exclusively (MOM)

See where this can take you?

For example: I was doing a layout with Gabe's photo... and trying to think of a story I wanted to tell with it. This photo in itself didn't really have a story. So... thinking of today's prompt I thought, "PERFECT". I can tell the story of how I volunteer teaching his computer class at his school. It's something that I hope will be a great memory of his. And... to be honest, I didn't really want to use a picture of myself to tell the story. I didn't want the focus to be on me, but me being his mama and why I love to do it. So I thought it would work perfectly.

As always, I love to see how you were inspired!
Feel free to play along and leave a comment to this post with a link to your layout!




Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...